CLASSIFICATION PROCEDURE AND ADMISSIONS
The admission quotas for students at the Zagreb School of Medicine are determined by the Ministry of Science Education and Sports and the University of Zagreb. For the academic year 2006/2007 the Ministry of Science Education and Sports financed 220 vacancies in Zagreb. An additional 10 vacancies were offered to the so called “special enrolments” (the Croatian Diaspora).
The classification procedure comprises:
· testing in biology, chemistry and physics (the test is based on the four-year high school curriculum);
· the students’ high school record, i.e. grade point average for all the years of study, including the final exam, with marks in biology, chemistry and physics obtained in the course of secondary education;
· evaluation of additional high school credits, and credits obtained at the preceding medical school admission test, if applicants are retaking the exam. Special high school credits are earned by applicants with the first three ranks in one of the science competitions in biology, chemistry and physics at home or abroad.
A complete application should consist of the following documents:
· official transcript of the secondary school record with the final secondary school certificate (all documents should be translated into Croatian and translations must be certified by an authorized translation service)
· birth certificate
· foreign citizens should submit a certificate of the Croatian language proficiency exam, as well as a convalidation certificate of their secondary school diploma, issued by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia (Trg hrvatskih velikana 6, Zagreb)